We are looking for an ambitious marketer who is interested in workplace wellbeing, particularly mental wellbeing: finding a harmonious balance between career aspiration, workplace pressure and health & happiness.
Lifecraft, a long established (26 years) Cambridge mental health charity, notable as a user-led organisation, is forming a social enterprise, Wellbeing in the Workplace, with a dual role; to advance the cause of wellbeing in Cambridge companies whilst supporting Lifecraft. This role will suit someone with a genuine wish to make a difference in these areas, for an initial 6-12 months.
Initially this is likely to be a volunteering role, but one mark of the role’s success will be its potential for conversion to a fixed term salaried position.
This role will suit someone with an interest in marketing to communicate engaging messages for our target markets across a variety of channels: print, web, email and social media. It is an excellent opportunity for a person who wants to develop skills, practise with real-life scenarios, gain marketing communications experience and get involved in marketing to growing Cambridge companies.
Ideally you will have some knowledge of marketing to complement your communications skills.
Skills and attributes
- Excellent written English for communications
- Ideally, experience in small web site building, e.g. Wix, Square Space, WordPress
- Experience across the range of popular social media platforms
- Understanding of the different communication styles and processes needed for web, email, leaflets, press releases and social media
- Creation of marketing content, drawing on the knowledge of others in Lifecraft and our social enterprise
- Management of our social media accounts
- Marketing campaign development and implementation across a variety of channels
- Collaborating in the design and build of the Wellbeing in the Workplace web site, and its subsequent management
- Developing relationships with outside bodies: media, funding, charities etc.
We will help you to develop yourself in what is clearly an exciting and stimulating opportunity, in at the very beginning of Wellbeing in the Workplace. Whatever your later ambitions, in marketing or the not for profit sector, this is a great place to start.
As well as your acquiring a wide range of digital marketing skills, we can offer you:
- Formal skills training
- Regular performance reviews with a personal development plan
- Increasing responsibilities as you develop in the role
- CV preparation guidance
- References for potential employers
- Initially we will pay reasonable travelling costs around Cambridge and an allowance for lunch.
- You will develop invaluable connections with the wider Cambridge entrepreneurial community in your work.
- If all goes well we may move you to a salaried or part salaried position
Estimated as 8 to 12 days per month.
Location and Reporting
This role will involve flexible location depending on your activities. Part of the time at Lifecraft’s home in Gwydir Street off Mill Road and at other times working in business centres.
You will be reporting to the Wellbeing in the Workplace managing team.
Please apply with a CV and a letter explaining what you can bring to the role, to email@example.com, subject Wellbeing Marketing.
We look forward to hearing from you!