Suicide represents an individual tragedy and a loss to society. The impact on those left behind can be devastating. Evidence suggests that early intervention support can benefit individuals in the grieving process. Lifecraft aims to ensure information and access to support is available to those bereaved by suicide.
The loss of a loved one to suicide is a uniquely devastating circumstance that leaves the bereaved with unanswered questions and complex feelings that can be hard to understand and process, our service at Lifecraft understands this and is here to offer help and support.
The suicide bereavement support service is available to family and friends in the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough area.
We are able to provide:
- Early contact with families
- A named liaison worker
- A home visit to meet the family and offer support
- Information on services available in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
- Liaison with other services
- Follow up telephone support for the family
- Signposting to practical support
- Information on procedures that take place when there is a death by suicide
Please contact Fiona at Lifecraft for more information.
The Suicide Bereavement Support Service is a partner of the STOP Suicide campaign
We are proud members of the Support After Suicide Partnership (SASP). We collaboratively work within the SASP network of organisations and charities who strive to provide appropriate and timely support to those bereaved by suicide.