Mill Road’s biggest party yet – with Big Band music by The Cambridge Groove Orchestra, contributions from the Cambridge Jazz Festival Choir and an opportunity to have a go at swing dancing with the Cambridge Lindyhoppers. All in support of Lifecraft, a unique charity based in the Gwydir Street Bath House which supports people who have experience of mental health difficulties.
Saturday 17th June, 6:30 -10:00pm at St Barnabas Church, Mill Road, Cambridge CB1 2BD
Tickets are £7.50 for adults. Children under 15 are free. Tickets available from Eventbrite or on the door.
Live music, and as much dancing as you like! Come along and freestyle, or take a class in lindy hop at 7.00pm, suitable for all levels.
* Pull me Chérie – all kinds of pulled meat, in a baguette with salad + chips.
* The Now Now South African Food Company – delicious and authentic.
* Hot Doughnuts – the perfect accompaniment to swing dancing
A massive THANK YOU to our wonderful local Mill Road sponsors:
* Relevant Record Cafe – vinyl only record shop & cafe, selling online.
* 4 Counties – commercial, home and motor insurance.
* Cambridge Classics – for traditional wooded double-glazed sash windows
* Cambridge Vinopolis – specialising in wines from the South of France.
Approximate timetable for the evening is:
* Music and gearing up from 6.30pm
* Learn to Lindy hop taster session – at 7.00pm
* Cambridge Groove Orchestra – 7.45pm and 8.50pm
* Cambridge Jazz Festival Choir – at about 8.30pm
With special thanks to the Cambridge Jazz Festival for their support in organising this event.