Lifecraft is a small user-led charity based in central Cambridge with ambitious plans for the future looking to recruit new Trustees to support the development of its services.
To meet the strategic challenges of the increasing demand for Lifecraft’s services and to help us develop and grow, the Trustees are looking for individuals with the skills, vision, values and commitment to join its established and active Board. We are particularly keen to recruit people with one or more of the following skills and knowledge:
- Fundraising and Events Management
- Business Development and Commercial Expertise
- Communications, Marketing and PR
- Networking, Partnerships and Alliances
- Human Resources or Health & Safety
Lifecraft has an existing effective management team with full day to day responsibility for running our services. The role of the Trustees is to provide oversight and, when needed, advice to the management team. Trustee meetings are held on the second Tuesday 4pm – 6pm every two months and you will be expected to contribute approximately 5 hours of your time per month to be a fully active Lifecraft Trustee. This is a voluntary role with expenses reimbursed.
We are looking for individuals who have:
- A commitment to the vision, aims, and values of Lifecraft and who can be an active champion for Lifecraft
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship OR the willingness to take the time to acquire this knowledge
- The skills to work effectively as a team member, to make contributions to discussions and to make decisions with good judgement and objectivity
- The ability to think creatively and strategically with strong organisational skills
- The ability to maintain confidentiality around sensitive information
- The willingness to be available to staff for advice and enquiries on an ad hoc basis
Being a Lifecraft Trustees can be a fascinating and rewarding experience helping you to use and develop your skills and to broaden your knowledge, while making a positive impact on the lives of people with mental health issues.
If you have skills, experience and energy to offer Lifecraft, we would love to hear from you. As a user-led organisation 75% of our Trustees have lived experience of mental health issues and we actively support applications from people with lived experience. Previous experience as a Trustee is beneficial but not essential as a full induction and training will be provided. Applicants should be willing to undergo an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
If you are not yet familiar with Lifecraft, our website www.lifecraft.org.uk contains a lot of information which is likely to be of interest to future Trustees.
Applicants should complete a Nomination Form and attach a statement about why they want to be a Lifecraft Trustee and what they think they could bring to the role. Applicants will be invited to interviews on a rolling basis. If you have any questions or clarifications about this role, please do not hesitate to contact with Kezia Saunders, Clerk to the Trustee on Kezia@Lifecraft.org.uk or 01223 566957.
The closing date for applications is 31st July 2017.